About This Site
This website is a D&D 3.5 character sheet iPad app. If you have any questions, please
The basic idea is that you've rolled the abilities for a new character and decided the class
and now, instead of filling out your choices in a standard paper character sheet, you'll enter
them here from your iPad or PC. You'll see that the app knows the basic rules, and is a good reference
for rules (during game play) that you've already added to your character, but it's not much help for say picking a new feat.
You wouldn't ask your paper character sheet which new feat to pick would you? That's what the rule book is for.
The primary advantage of this app over pen and paper is the auto-calculation of stats. Did your strength
just get increased by +4? How does that effect your skills and attacks? Did you forget that +1 from the
Bard's "Inspire Courage". This app does the math for you so that you can focus on game-play.
The secondary advantage of this app (and this part is still in beta), is that it lets you change the rules.
For now, only select people are allowed to write their own rule sets. Want access? contact me.
Why do you need to change the rules? Well, first of all this site is only pre-loaded with the open game content.
If you want a spell or feat from another rule-book, you'll have to add it yourself. Also, if your DM uses some
home-brew (like combining Listen and Spot into Perception) then you'll need to override the core rules.
That's what I'm doing and so far it works great, but I haven't had time to make it easy to use, and there's still
some hard-code, so if you want to write your own rules, you'll have to contact me first.
To use the app, you should login with any google account, then click the "New Character" button on the home screen. You can choose a name
and a picture, then click on the picture to go to the character sheet. It provides workflow hints to get you started and has
a user manul on the INFO page.
There's also some limitations to keep in mind:
- Not all classes and equipment have been added. I'm working on it.
- Currently I'm ignoring weapon proficiency.
- Currently I'm ignoring favored class.
- Currently I'm ignoring the base speed reduction caused by armor. (The equation for the reduction needs to consider the player's base speed).
- The favored enemy feat doesn't let you specify the type/sub-type.
- There's no support for which wizard spells have been picked today, and which spells of any type have been cast today.
- There's not automatic calculation for a spells effect based on your current caster level.
- The app doesn't sum the total weight of your gear or tell you about encumbrance.
- The PLACE page currently does nothing.
- The app doesn't let you position or sort how things appear on the pages.
This website is not the owner of the content it contains. It acts as a data conduit as described in the
Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Thus if you are the owner of copyrighted material transmitted by this
website, then you must deal directly with the member of this website who posted the content. However,
this website doesn't store contact information for its members, so after you have filed a complaint as
described below, the content will be removed, and the member's home-screen will contain a message including
your contact information and the details of the copyright complaint. The next time they visit their
home-screen, they will be able to contact you to follow up with the complaint.
If you have a copyright complaint, please tell me and include
the evilgoblin.com url that contains the alleged content, identification of the work claimed to
have been infringed including the name and reply email address of the copyright holder/representative,
an assertion that the use of the material is not authorized, and an assertion that the person sending
this message is the copyright holder/representative.
Terms of Service
By signing into this website, you agree and acknowledge to be bound by these Terms of Service.
These Terms of Service may change at any time. They were last updated January 20th, 2016.
This website reserves the right at any time and
from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the website (or any part thereof)
with or without notice. You agree that this website shall not be liable to you or to any third party
for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the website.
You must not use this website to transmit any content which:
- harasses, threatens, embarrasses or causes distress, unwanted attention or discomfort upon any other person,
- includes sexually explicit images or other content which is offensive or harmful to minors,
- includes any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, or hateful material, including but not limited to material based on a person's race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disablement or other such affiliation,
- impersonates any person or the appearance or voice of any person,
- utilizes a false name or identity or a name or identity that you are not entitled or authorized to use,
- contains any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation,
- contravenes any application law or government regulation,
- may infringe the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties, including trademark, copyright, trade secret, patent, publicity right, or privacy right,
This website is provided "as is" and without any warranty or condition, express or implied or statutory.
This website specifically disclaims any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose,
non-infringement, information accuracy, integration, interoperability or quiet enjoyment.
You understand and agree that you use the website at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely
responsible for any damages that arise from such use. Under no circumstances shall this website
be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages of any kind.
Your only right with respect to any dissatisfaction with this website shall be to terminate use of this website.
This website at its sole discretion, may terminate your membership and/or remove and discard any information
associated with the membership without notice if this website believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently
with the Terms of Service. This website will not be liable to you for termination of your membership and/or
removal or discarding of any information associated with the membership.
This is a non-profit project maintained by a single individual. The website runs on a hardened AWS instance
and reasonable effort is made to resist attack; however, a well funded, determined individual could gain
control of the server and all its content.
This service allows you to create private and public content, and it will be treated as such.
You are the owner of the content you create. The details released from your login with Google
are only those already publicly available on your Google+ profile and will be treated as public information
within this site.